Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, October 3, 2011

Cover of the Week (33)



When the Sea Is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen
Farrar, Straus, & Giroux/2.28.2012


Description (from Goodreads):
After seventeen-year-old Felicita’s dearest friend Ilven kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then something shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven's death has called out of the sea a dangerous wild magic. Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg's caste system, and the whole city along with it. 


I want it. Seriously. Awesome description and such a moody cover... The only thing I'd change is possibly making the title larger. There's almost too much open space around it. Otherwise, I love it.


Add it on Goodreads here.

3 comments:

  1. "Moody" is a the right word for this cover, it's very cool and creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover. I want it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -sigh- this is the...what 5th? 10th? time I've come across this/or its come back to haunt me book? alright I'm adding it -rolls eyes- Idk why it sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!