Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life
Tara Altebrando
Dutton Juvenile/7.5.2012
An all-day scavenger hunt in the name of eternal small-town glory With only a week until graduation, there’s one last thing Mary and her friends must do together: participate in the Oyster Point High Official Unofficial Senior Week Scavenger Hunt. And Mary is determined to win. 
Mary lost her spot at Georgetown to self-professed “it” bully Pete Lembo, and she’s not about to lose again. But everyone is racing for the finish line with complicated motives, and the team’s all-night adventure becomes all-night drama as shifting alliances, flared tempers, and crushing crushes take over. As the items and points pile up, Mary and her team must reinvent their strategy—and themselves—in order to win.
__________________________

First off, I loooove this cover. I don't know what it is about it, but I pretty much have to have it on my bookshelf. Gah! I don't even have words.

Secondly, the synopsis is amazing. I love books about road trips and for some reason a scavenger hunt seems to have a similar vibe. I feel like you learn so much about characters in these particular situations. 

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one! It sounds so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this one sounds great. I've had it on my TBR list for a while.

    Check out my WoW: http://abookandashortlatte.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/waiting-on-wednesday-40/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely has an amazing cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title of this novel! Even if the rest sucked, I'd probably give it a try. XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one sounds really good and I love the cover and title. I need to add it to Goodreads so I remember to buy it when it comes out. :)

    my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review there! Here's mine if you don't mind: http://lorxiebookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-best-night-of-your-pathetic-life-by.html

    Thanks and have a nice day!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! =D

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!