Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Featured Trailer: The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry (1)

This week's featured trailer is for Julie Berry's recent MG novel, The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place. You might recognize Berry's name - last year her YA novel, All the Truth That's In Me got quite a bit of buzz. Both of these novels were Kids' Indie Next List picks, which, as regular Hiding Spot readers probably know, guarantees a book lands on my radar. I've been looking forward to Scandalous Sisterhood since I initially heard about it months ago, but it just keeps getting pushed down in my TBR pile... But no more, I say! Not after this book trailer which has reminded me of all the reasons I wanted to read it to begin with. Boarding school! Murder! Secrets! Mistaken identities! Other things I love! I'm very much looking forward to diving into this one.

Be sure to check out this post on the Macmillan blog too, which discusses the making of the trailer.



More about the book... 


There's a murderer on the loose—but that doesn't stop the girls of St. Etheldreda's from attempting to hide the death of their headmistress in this rollicking farce.

The students of St. Etheldreda's School for Girls face a bothersome dilemma. Their irascible headmistress, Mrs. Plackett, and her surly brother, Mr. Godding, have been most inconveniently poisoned at Sunday dinner. Now the school will almost certainly be closed and the girls sent home—unless these seven very proper young ladies can hide the murders and convince their neighbors that nothing is wrong.

The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place is a smart, hilarious Victorian romp, full of outrageous plot twists, mistaken identities, and mysterious happenings.
 

Have you read this book yet? Or any of Berry's other books? Have thoughts on the trailer?
Let me know! Share your thoughts in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!