Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Review: Wild Roses


Title: Wild Roses
Author: Deb Caletti
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Date published: 2005
Type of book: Young Adult (Divorce, Depression, Love, Musicians, Insanity)
Pages: 296
I received this book from/at: Ishpeming Public Library
My interest in this book is: Plot, Author

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From back cover: “Seventeen-year-old Cassie Morgan lives with a time bomb (a.k.a. her stepfather, Dino Cavalli). To the public, Dino is a world-renowned violin player and composer. To Cassie, he’s an erratic, self-centered bully. And he’s getting worse: He no longer sleeps, and he grows increasingly paranoid. Before, Cassie was angry. Now she is afraid.
Enter Ian Waters: a brilliant young violinist and Dino’s first-ever student. The minute Cassie lays eyes on Ian she knows she’s doomed. Cassie thought she understood that love could bring pain, but this union will have consequences she could not have imagined.
In the end, only one thing becomes clear: In the world of insanity, nothing is sacred…”

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Bunny and Chuck: They were so off-the-wall and unique, I wished they were in the book more; Cassie: I liked her running commentary on Dino and her other relatives, she was funny; Cassie’s grandmother: I usually laughed out loud when she made an appearance!

When I finished this book I felt: Cassie: she was extremely easy to relate to, she said a lot of things I could see myself saying

Other books to read by this author: The Nature of Jade, The Queen of Everything, Honey,Baby,Sweetheart, The Fortunes of Indigo Skye

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!