Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The 2011 Bloody Jack Challenge



I've been meaning to read the Bloody Jack books for the longest time, so when the fabulous Kristen over at Bookworming in the 21st Century announced that she'd be hosted a reading challenge centered about them, I knew I had to sign up! Below you'll find information about the challenge levels and a link to sign up!
________________

Crow's nest - This is for those who aren't sure about the series. Read at least one of the novels in the series.

Batten down the hatches - For those of us that have started the series, but not finished it, either pick up where you left off and finish the series.
Dead men tell no tales - Read the whole series. Whether it's a re-read, first time, or even more than your second time.

To join the challenge, go here.
___________________

I'm going to attempt the highest challenge, Dead men tell no tales, because I have a feeling I'm going to love these books and, once I read one, I'll want to read them all. Below is a list of all of the books released thus far, which I hope to cross of one by one.

  1. Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy (Bloody Jack, #1)
  2. Curse of the Blue Tattoo: Being an Account of the Misadventures of Jacky Faber, Midshipman and Fine Lady (Bloody Jack, #2)
  3. Under the Jolly Roger: Being an Account of the Further Nautical Adventures of Jacky Faber (Bloody Jack, #3)
  4. In the Belly of the Bloodhound: Being an Account of a Particularly Peculiar Adventure in the Life of Jacky Faber (Bloody Jack, #4)
  5. Mississippi Jack: Being an Account of the Further Waterborne Adventures of Jacky Faber, Midshipman, Fine Lady, and Lily of the West (Bloody Jack, #5)
  6. My Bonny Light Horseman: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, in Love and War (Bloody Jack, #6)
  7. Rapture of the Deep: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Soldier, Sailor, Mermaid, Spy (Bloody Jack, #7)
  8. The Wake of the Lorelei Lee: Being an Account of the Adventures of Jacky Faber, on her Way to Botany Bay (Bloody Jack, #8)

4 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    At first I thought this was a general "Pirates" reading challenge. Is it terrible that I've never heard of Bloody Jack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... haha. I only know of Bloody Jack because two of my favorite bloggers love the books. BUT, that said, those two bloggers HIGHLY recommend them, so I'd check them out! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Go Sara!!! I'm so glad you're joining on and you will TOTALLY love these books, I swear it! :) I'm so glad I decided to host this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should join this challenge! I only read the first book, but I loved it, and can't wait to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!