Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, May 4, 2009

Review: The Boyfriend Game


Title: The Boyfriend Game
Author: Stephie Davis
Publisher: HarperTeen
Date published: 2009
Type of book: Young Adult (soccer, first kiss, first crush)
Pages: 157
I received this book from/at: Amazon.com
My interest in this book is: plot

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From the back cover: “I rested the ball on my hip and walked back toward the equipment shed. In the dark. Alone. With a boy.” “I would be completely freaking out over varsity soccer tryouts if it weren’t for the new student, Graham, who’s helping me practice. He has the most amazing green eyes, curly brown hair, and perfect legs. Plus, we have lots in common, since all we both care about it soccer! Well, that all he cares about. But my heart beats so fast when we’re on the field together… and I don’t think it’s just from all the running around.”

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Trisha: her devotion to the game was amazing, even if she was a bit naïve at times; Graham: definitely cute, especially because he was nervous about liking someone

When I finished this book I felt: Well, it was cute. But I probably won’t buy anymore of Davis’ books because I think they might be just a bit too young for me. But I think they would be perfect for readers in junior high or 9th/10th grade.

Other books to read by this author: The Boyfriend Trick, Putting Boys on the Ledge, Studying Boys, Who Needs Boys?, Smart Boys and Fast Girls

I would recommend this book to: Girl readers between junior high and high school lowerclassmen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!