Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, October 4, 2010

Cover of the Week (23)

Cover of the Week is a weekly feature at The Hiding Spot, in which I share a cover that gives me that swoony feeling.

Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves
Simon Pulse, 1.4.2011
Description (from GoodReads):
Happiness is a bloody knife.

Kit and Fancy Cordelle are sisters of the best kind: best friends, best confidantes, and best accomplices. The daughters of the infamous Bonesaw Killer, Kit and Fancy are used to feeling like outsiders, and that’s just the way they like it. But in Portero, where the weird and wild run rampant, the Cordelle sisters are hardly the oddest or most dangerous creatures around.

It’s no surprise when Kit and Fancy start to give in to their deepest desire—the desire to kill. What starts as a fascination with slicing open and stitching up quickly spirals into a gratifying murder spree. Of course, the sisters aren’t killing just anyone, only the people who truly deserve it. But the girls have learned from the mistakes of their father, and know that a shred of evidence could get them caught. So when Fancy stumbles upon a mysterious and invisible doorway to another world, she opens a door to endless possibilities....

I love that this cover is almost cute, until you notice the blood. Pastel colors and little teacups, then the rickety, sinister title font.

BLEEDING VIOLET was one of my favorite 2010 novels and I fully expect SLICE OF CHERRY to make the 2011 list. Dia Reeves' debut novel was incredibly twisted and, based on the description, this next novel has the potential to be as well - maybe even more so. I'm a fan of Showtime's DEXTER, and was just pondering how I'm able to find myself relating to a serial killer... I'm curious to see whether the two sisters in SLICE OF CHERRY inspire the same response... or something else entirely.

4 comments:

  1. I love this cover, it's brilliant. I can see it being one of my 2011 faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite of great looking cover, the story sounds very interesting too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might want to read this now. It reminds me of Mr. Brooks. And I just really like the tea cups. TBR. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the cover is awesome! Very cool. Also, you won an award! check it out here: http://seescootread.blogspot.com/2010/10/cherry-on-top-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!