Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Assassins, Thieves, and Spies, oh my!

I feel like every reader has a topic a topic or theme that, without fail, guarantees they'll add a book to their to-be-read pile. For me, I can't pass up a YA novel featuring a teen criminal. Assassins and thieves are my weakness, but I love a good spy novel too. Below I've compiled a list of YA novels featuring assassins, thieves, and spies - I'm always looking for more, so, please, share more titles in the comments!

Assassins


The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster
Dualed by Elsie Chapman


Poison by Bridget Zinn
Mind Games by Kiersten White
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder


I Am the Mission by Allen Zadoff
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga


Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber
The Reluctant Assassin by Eoin Colfer

Thieves


Trust Me, I'm Lying by Mary Elizabeth Summer
Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Heist Society by Ally Carter


Loot by Jude Watson
Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
How to Live a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller

Spies


Also Known As by Robin Benway
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
The Agency: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee


Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan
Palace of Spies by Sarah Zettel

Notice any glaring omissions? Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. This is a great list... and a good cover gallery too! I see some favorites...and a few I want to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds interesting! I can't wait to read it my self! Great review!

    top sites, Austin Powerstroke Diesel Performance service

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, this giveaway is awesome! can't wait to check this book out! The wait will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED City of a Thousand Dolls! This list is fantastic, because there are definitely a few I haven't checked out yet. Especially Grave Mercy, it seems like such a popular book!



    Thanks for the awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't ever (well hardly ever) read Contemporary anything, let alone an action and suspense/thriller story, but I was trying to pump up my stats on Netgalley, so I picked this up as an eARC. I loved it!! All I can think to say is it is like reading the best action movie you have ever seen in bookform! The way the book ended I wasn't sure if there was going to be a sequel, but the author said there is! Yes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!