Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Guest Post: Andrea Pyros - The Soundtrack to My High School Experience

Today at The Hiding Spot Andrea Pyros, author of My Year of Epic Rock, shares the soundtrack to her high school experience! Don't miss Andrea's novel, which is out now from Sourcebooks. 
________________________

 

Oh, wow, doing this blog post was a total blast from the past! I had to tear myself away from going even further down the rabbit hole of awesome old videos on YouTube. I was a teen in the 1980s, and the songs below were some of my favorites and so much a part of those years. Yes, we had some issues with day-glo clothing but the music was great. Check it:

A-ha: “Take On Me
The Smiths: "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before"
Depeche Mode: “People Are People”
Berlin: “No More Words”
Kate Bush: “Running Up That Hill”
Beastie Boys: “No Sleep Till Brooklyn”
Modern English “I Melt With You”
Madonna: “Lucky Star”
Talk Talk: “Talk Talk”
REM: “Pretty Persuasion”
Soft Cell “Tainted Love”
Simple Minds: “Don’t You (Forget About Me)”
’Til Tuesday: “Voices Carry”
Madness: “It Must Be Love"
Run DMC: “It's Like That"
The Motels: “Only the Lonely”
Michael Jackson: “Thriller” (That video!!)
Urban Blight: “House of Gold”
The Clash: “Should I Stay Or Should I Go?”
Bronski Beat: "Smalltown Boy"
U2: “Sunday Bloody Sunday”
I tried not to overdo it here – I have so many more I could have added. (A few of these came out before my high school years but I still associate them with my teens, so I threw them in.)
___________________________________

For more information about Andrea Pyros, check out her website.

To purchase My Year of Epic Rock, go here.

About the Book:


If Life Was Like a Song

Nina Simmons’ song would be “You Can’t Always Eat What You Want.” (Peanut allergies, ugh). But that’s okay, because as her best friend Brianna always said, “We’re All in This Together.”

Until the first day of the seventh grade, when Brianna dumps her to be BFFs with the popular new girl. Left all alone, Nina is forced to socialize with “her own kind”–banished to the peanut-free table with the other allergy outcasts. As a joke, she tells her new pals they should form a rock band called EpiPens. (Get it?) Apparently, allergy sufferers don’t understand sarcasm, because the next thing Nina knows she’s the lead drummer.

Now Nina has to decide: adopt a picture-perfect pop personality to fit in with Bri and her new BFF or embrace her inner rocker and the spotlight. Well..

Call Me a Rock Star, Maybe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!