Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Covered: Hardcover to Paperback Redesigns (3)

Check out these Hardcover to Paperback Redesigns. Which do you prefer?
Also the images are backwards - as in, the paperback is on the left, the hardcover on the right. Oops!

Paperback                                                         Hardcover

The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson

First of all, this book is so fantastic. If you haven't read it - get on it! I thought the original cover was great when I first saw it, but there's something compelling about this paperback version. Both are great, but I prefer the paperback!

Paperback                                               Hardcover

 
Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld

I had to think about this one a bit. I like how bold the typography is on the original hardcover, but I'm really taken with the drop of water and reflection on the paperback. And the new tagline, "you thought your way here" gives me goosebumps. So, paperback, you have my vote!

Paperback                                               Hardcover

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick

Though I liked this hardcover too, I think the new paperback actually fits the tone of the novel better. It's stark and the girl running (and the fact that's she's wearing pink) feels spot on. Woo, new paperback!

Paperback                                                 Hardcover

Boys of Blur by N.D. Wilson

For this one I'm picking the paperback based solely on those trees in the background and the v-shape that the title and cover art form. They form a funnel that just pull me in.

Paperback                                               Hardcover

Buzz Kill by Beth Fantaskey

The new cover of Buzz Kill is more eye-catching in my opinion, though the face that girl is making kind of freaks me out. Not when just looking at the book normally, but, if you tilt your head and look at her, it's just... startling. Still, the paperback would convince me to pick this one up, where the hardcover doesn't.

Paperback                                                Hardcover

Dangerous  by Shannon Hale

There are elements of the paperback that I like, but I did enjoy that the hardcover didn't have a cover model. I was also partial to the James Dashner quote on the hardcover... maybe the paperback has it on the back? I hope so.

Paperback                                              Hardcover

The Here and Now by Ann Brashares

Definitely the paperback! I'll be honest, I couldn't really get into this book and never finished it, but the paperback makes me wonder if I should reconsider. I am a sucker for plaid.

Paperback                                           Hardcover

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

This is actually the second paperback redesign for Revolution. The image on the paperback, the key and flowers, does make me more interested than the girls on the original. And I like the quote "genuine heart."

Paperback                                                  Hardcover

Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini

This new paperback is GORGEOUS. I was not a fan of the original hardcover - it looks awkwardly computer generated. But this new design? Love the color, love the castle, love everything!

Paperback                                                 Hardcover

Unstoppable Octobia May by Sharon G. Flake

Usually I'm not a fan of switching from illustrated to photo covers, but I think I might like this new cover for Unstoppable Octobia May better... It feels more current.

Tell me which covers you prefer in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!