Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Favorite Books of 2009 & Contest!

This list was really, really hard for me to narrow down. And every time I think I have my top favs, I start to second guess myself. So of the 32 books that were on my original list, here are the 20 I feel were the best! Well, right at this moment anyway! Keep in mind that these are only the top books out of those I read in 2009 that were also published in 2009. I read so many great older titles and 2010 titles, but those are not factored into this list!

1. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
2. Taken by Storm by Angela Morrison
3. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
4. Fire by Kristin Cashore
5. Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev
6. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
7. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
8. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
9. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
10. Soulless by Gail Carriger
11. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
12. How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Standiford
13. Darklight by Lesley Livingston
14. Nothing but Ghosts by Beth Kephart
15. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
16. Cross My Heart & Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
17. Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
18. Molly Fyde and the Parsona Resuce by Hugh Howey
19. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
20. Fat Cat by Robin Brande

The books listed are not in any particular order, I couldn't bring myself to order those - I loved each for a different reason! I want to add in all the others I loved as well, but 32 was just too many. It was only supposed to be a list of 10! :D


Bree Despain's debut novel, THE DARK DIVINE was a late December release, so it is almost a 2010 book. In fact, some may consider it a Tenner. I want this amazing novel to be on some Best of 2010 lists next year, so I'm giving away an arc of THE DARK DIVINE to one lucky winner!

You must be a follower of The Hiding Spot to be eligible. To become a follower, head over to the left sidebar. Those of you who already are, as a thank you, you get 4 extra entries authomatically, just let me know when you fill out the form! To enter, simply fill out this FORM!

There will be one winner. This contest is open to US & Canada mailing addresses, unless you are an old follower. Old followers worldwide can enter! :D

Contest closes: January 30th!

Good luck and have fun!

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, nice list. I really look forward to reading Nothing but Ghosts.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/12/countdown-of-my-favourites.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list (and I see quite a few I need to read)! Definitely agree with Molly Fyde,

    Happy New Year Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if I'm a new follower but before you did this post.
    Am I eligible to enter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with the majority of books on your list, plus many on there I want to read!

    I am dying to read The Dark Divine. I can't find it ANYWHERE locally *frustrated*. Thanks for making it worldwide for old followers! *hugs* :D Hope you have a happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How old is a old follower? Is a month enough?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to reading:
    -Taken by Storm
    -The Hunger Games and Catching Fire
    -Graceling and Fire
    -City of Bones
    -and of course, The Dark Divine :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Followers who began following BEFORE the Darklight contest! Those would be old followers. I'm going to be paying a lot in shipping, and I wanted to be sure that if I'm paying a lot for shipping, it is going to someone who actually reads THS, not just follows for contests! I'm sorry for the exclusion. But next time, around, those of you who are ineligible will be able to enter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! We share many of the same books for faves of '09! I'm really looking forward to reading Eyes Like Stars & Fat Cat!

    Oh, I absolutely loved The Dark Devine also! :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list. I'm going to have to check out all the ones on there I haven't read yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeay! I'm eligible to enter!
    Yipee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting this contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow via google reader!

    Thanks for having this contest open to international participants :)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!