Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

This week's WoW isn't released until July 1st! How will I ever wait that terribly long???

Other by Karen Kincy
(No cover image yet...)
Summary from Karen's website:
"I can’t last much longer. It’s been one week, three days, and I forget how many hours.

My belly cramps, and I curl on my bed, staring out at the stars. A delicious breeze glides through my window and cools my sweaty forehead. The air smells of summer–mowed grass, recent rain, lingering barbecue–and tempts me more than I want to admit. Shards of moonlight and shadow shift on the wall. I clench my teeth and toes and try to ride out the pain. My bedroom drifts counterclockwise, and I shut my eyes.

It can’t be good for me, not shapeshifting.



Seventeen-year-old Gwen hides a dangerous secret: she’s Other. Half-pooka, to be exact, thanks to the father she never met. Most Americans don’t exactly roll out the welcome mat for Others, especially not the small-town folks of Klikamuks, Washington. As if this isn’t bad enough, Gwen’s on the brink of revealing her true identity to her long-time boyfriend, Zack, but she’s scared he’ll lump her with the likes of bloodthirsty vampires and feral werewolves.

When a pack of werewolves chooses the national forest behind Gwen’s home as their new territory, the tensions in Klikamuks escalate-into murder. It soon becomes clear a serial killer is methodically slaying Others. The police turn a blind eye, leaving Gwen to find the killer before the killer finds her. As she hunts for clues, she uncovers more Others living nearby than she ever expected. Like Tavian, a sexy Japanese fox-spirit who rivals Zack and challenges her to embrace her Otherness. Gwen must struggle with her own conflicted identity, learn who she can trust, and-most importantly-stay alive."


This book sounds so, so amazing! It has romance, werewolves, a sexy Japanese fox spirit. Can a reader really ask for more?? I didn't think so!




6 comments:

  1. It does sound good. Japanese fox-spirit like in LJ Smith's The Awakening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the WoW! I should be getting a cover for OTHER within the next one-two months.

    Karen
    karenkincy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a good book - off to add it to my read list :)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!