Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

YA Superlatives 2014 - Popularity Contest


Villain I Love to Hate
Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne

There are few villains in this one, but there's one in particular that I loved. He's one that you wish the main character could trust, but that she seriously shouldn't. He's the kind of guy that proves good looks don't guarantee you're a good person.

  Most Likely to Become a Rock Star
Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule

You might have to redefine your idea of rock star to understand why I chose Strange Sweet Song for this category, but the main character in this one has a serious set of pipes.

  Favorite Parental Figure
Life by Committee by Corey Ann Haydu

The parents in Haydu's latest are relatively young and hip, but what I loved most about them was that they were present in the main character's life and weren't portrayed as either horrible or perfect. They just were. They made mistakes, but they also did some really great things. Yay for being well-rounded and realistic!
 
  Most Likely to Start a Riot

Uninvited by Sophie Jordan

The main character in this book has the 'kill gene' - a gene that is thought to guarantee that one day the carrier will become a homicidal maniac. So, in a group of non-carriers, this MC could totally start a riot. And, as you find out if you read this one, she might just start a riot even if she's locked away.
 
Biggest Flirt
No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown

The main character Brown's debut can be a bit of a flirt - though she's just as often being hit on by guys she's 100% not flirting with too. Things are bit complicated in this MC's life.
 
Coolest Nerd
Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan

The MC in McCahan's most recent novel is a bit of a smarty pants - she's even skipped a few grades. Plus she's nerdy and cool. Triple threat!
  Fashion King and/or Queen

Trust Me, I'm Lying by Mary Elizabeth Summer

This MC takes Fashion Queen by a landslide. She's a grifter and having the right look is a big part of nailing the con!
   

Character I’d Most Want For a BFF
Six Feet Over It by Jennifer Longo

I love this MC's snarky, tough exterior!

  Character I Wish I’d Dated in High School
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord

The guy in Lord's debut is a sweet, good-looking musician with a heart of gold. Forget high school - I wish I were dating him right now.  

 Most Likely to Become President

Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith

The MC in this one is Most Likely to Become President for two reasons:
1. He's a self-appointed historian, so he's less likely to repeat past mistakes and
2. It's the end of the world as we know it and he's got access to a secret bunker.

Quirkiest Character
Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King

This MC is pretty quirky all on her own, but, after she drinks a petrified bat and start having visions, she takes quirky to a whole new level.

Class of 2014_Button2
Head here add your name and your Popularity Contest post link to the sign up so we can hop around and check out everyone's selections. Don’t forget — there will be a new link sign-up each day!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read so many of these! But OPEN ROAD SUMMER and GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE are high my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might do this! I love your choices! ;)

    Carissa Bookworm @ The Bookworm Insider
    http://thebookworminsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true...I'd date Matt Finch right this very second!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you with Midnight Thief, I wish the MC could trust him but alas no ):



    Oh and I want to date Matt Finch right now! Maybe Santa will bring him to me for Christmas lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this post! Such a great idea :) Aww the love interest in Open Road Summer sounds absolutely swoon-worthy. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the suparlatives idea you have! It's a brilliant idea! I'm learning about so many new books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uninvited really surprised me! I wasn't expecting to like it (its a bit contemporary for me), but just like Panic by Lauren Oliver, it drew me in wouldn't let go!

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!