Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Bone Gap by Laura Ruby

Hosted by Breaking the Spine
___________________
  

Title: Bone Gap
Author: Laura Ruby
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release Date: March 3, 2015
Everyone knows Bone Gap is full of gaps—gaps to trip you up, gaps to slide through so you can disappear forever. So when young, beautiful Roza went missing, the people of Bone Gap weren’t surprised. After all, it wasn’t the first time that someone had slipped away and left Finn and Sean O’Sullivan on their own. Just a few years before, their mother had high-tailed it to Oregon for a brand new guy, a brand new life. That’s just how things go, the people said. Who are you going to blame?

Finn knows that’s not what happened with Roza. He knows she was kidnapped, ripped from the cornfields by a dangerous man whose face he cannot remember. But the searches turned up nothing, and no one believes him anymore. Not even Sean, who has more reasons to find Roza than anyone, and every reason to blame Finn for letting her go.

As we follow the stories of Finn, Roza, and the people of Bone Gap—their melancholy pasts, their terrifying presents, their uncertain futures—acclaimed author Laura Ruby weaves a heartbreaking tale of love and loss, magic and mystery, regret and forgiveness—a story about how the face the world sees is never the sum of who we are.
Add on Goodreads
________________________

Reasons I'm anxiously awaiting this one:

This description gives me goosebumps. And that cover? Gorgeous! I have high hopes for this one.

What are you waiting on this week?! Let me know in the comments!

19 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Isla and the Happily Ever After. I've read the first chapter online and seriously, I can't wait to meet Anna, St. Clair, Josh, and the other again. The cameo thing is an amazing idea.

    Also, I can't wait to read Eternal Night by Carina Adly MacKenzie. It's her first novel and I've been following her career since she was a TV journalist.

    August needs to come really fast! (Even if I don't want this summer to end :) )

    P.S.: Bone Gap seem like an exciting story! I may had it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds (okay, really, LOOKS) pretty interesting. And books kind of catch my eye when they have kidnappings, which I know sounds super weird. I hope this is good!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, the cover is so beautiful**

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so intriguing. It almost seems like it has a magical realism feel to it like The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for putting this on my radar! It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one a few times recently. It's not something I'd usually read but it looks interesting! Here's my Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is SO up my alley. I am a little bit in love with it already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh this one looks so interesting! The more i see it, the more i love it. Great pick!

    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't that cover just stick in your head? Then add the description in and it's impossible not to want it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover is sooooo pretty and the description is beautiful. I mean seriously, that description is so compelling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes it's good to mix things up and read outside of your normal genres... maybe this one would be fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - did you read Ava Lavender?! I love that book so incredibly much! Not enough people have read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. RIGHT!? As soon as I saw it I HAD to know what it was about. So glad I looked into it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No, I completely understand - I'm drawn to those ones too. You should definitely check out Pretty Girl-13 by Coley, If You Find Me by Murdoch, and The Tension of Opposites by McBride. All deal with kidnappings and are wonderful novels!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. Heck yes about ISLA. That book is going to be amazing.
    2. Had to look up ETERNAL NIGHT, but it is now added to my TBR!
    3. I'm really hoping I love BONE GAP... you'll see my review if I do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have! It is SO BRILLIANT. I am totally on the loving it and agreeing more people must read it wave.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Someone actually checked it out from my library I work at today, and I was like THIS IS WONDERFUL, YOU HAVE EXCELLENT TASTE, ENJOY.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, I've added PRETTY GIRL-13 and IF YOU FIND ME on Goodreads, but I haven't heard of THE TENSION OF OPPOSITES. Thanks for the recs! (Also, have you read STOLEN?)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!