Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: First, There Was Forever by Juliana Romano

Hosted by Breaking the Spine
___________________


Title: First, There Was Forever
Author: Juliana Romano
Publisher: Dial
Release Date: February 24, 2015
Perfect for fans of Jenny Han’s The Summer I Turned Pretty and Huntley Fitzpatrick’s My Life Next Door, Juliana Romano's expressive debut is an absorbing and bittersweet story about first love, first loss, and the friends that carry us through it all.

Lima and Hailey have always been best friends: Lima shy and sensitive, Hailey funny and free-spirited. But Hailey abandons Lima to party with the popular kids and pursue Nate, her disinterested crush. As their friendship falters, Lima and Nate begin spending more time together. And before Lima knows what she’s feeling, she and Nate do something irreversible. Something that would hurt Hailey....if she knew it happened.

Lima thinks she’s saving her friendship by lying, but she’s only buying time. As the secrets stack up, Lima is forced to make a choice: between her best friend forever, and the boy who wasn’t meant to be hers.
Add on Goodreads
________________________

Reasons I'm anxiously awaiting this one:

1. Perfect for fans of Jenny Han and Huntley Fitzpatrick? That's me!


2. A 'forbidden' romance that threatens a friendship? I'm a sucker for that plot line when it's well done. (Edit: I should note that I'm a sucker for these plots because I've been there and am always curious about how an author will portray & resolve the situation.)

3. I happened upon author Juliana Romano's Goodreads profile and she recently read The Sky is Everywhere AND rated it 5 stars. TSIE just happens to be one of my all-time favorite books... So obviously the author has good taste.


What are you waiting on this week?! Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, this sounds like a gritty read that's perfect for summer! I haven't read any Jenny Han or Huntley Fitzpatrick books yet, but it does sound reminiscent of Sarah Dessen novels. I hope it's good!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of me wants to read it, and the other part is terrified because of the forbidden romance. Still, it does look really good and I like the summery feel of the cover!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a huge fan about friendships being broken by guys BUT i do like the cover and sometimes they work out well :) Hopefully this is one of them!

    Nemo @ Blame it on the book

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so much like Anything to Have You by Paige Harbison. I think it's always interesting to read stories like this, because it does happen so often, and there are so many shades of gray (hello, Something Borrowed).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love My Life Next Door, and this book sounds so good thanks for sharing!

    Keely @ ireaditandwept

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been seeing this one around. It doesn't seem like my kind of read but I am curious how this ends :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!