Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, June 14, 2010

Cover of the Week (12)


So Shelly by Ty Roth
Delacorte BFYR/2.8.11
Description (from GoodReads):
Until now, high school junior, John Keats, has only tiptoed near the edges of the vortex that is schoolmate and literary prodigy, Gordon Byron. That is, until their mutual friend, Shelly, drowns in a sailing accident.
After stealing Shelly's ashes from her wake at Trinity Catholic High School, the boys set a course for the small Lake Erie island where Shelly's body had washed ashore and to where she wished to be returned. It would be one last "so Shelly" romantic quest. At least that's what they think. As they navigate around the obstacles and resist temptations during their odyssey, Keats and Gordon glue together the shattered pieces of Shelly's and their own pasts while attempting to make sense of her tragic and premature end.

This cover really creeps me out. And, for that reason, I love it.  I'm slightly confused by the book's description, so my interest in the novel is based solely on the cover art... that in itself demonstrates how compelling it is!

(I can't wait to find out what's going on in this novel!)

7 comments:

  1. I really like the cover! It is a bit eerie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy cover but a nice one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, very dark and somber looking cover, I love the spooky mood of it all. Very goose-bumpy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover reminds me of The Ring for some reason lol.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, creepy cover. It definitely makes me curious!

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!