Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (34)

WoW is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!


See What I See by Gloria Whelan
HarperTeen/1.1.11
Description (from GoodReads):
Kate Tapert sees her life in paintings. Yet one place she never sees her life is in the work of the famous and reclusive artist Dalton Quinn—her father, whom she hasn’t seen or heard from in nearly ten years. Now Kate has an art dream of her own, and a scholarship to art school to help make it a reality. The last piece to the puzzle is staying with her father, which means it’s time for Kate to work her way into Dalton’s life, into his mind, and into his heart, whether he likes it or not.


See What I See is a powerful family story filled with uneasy relationships, deep secrets, reluctant togetherness, and an examination of the unbreakable bond between father and daughter. Celebrated National Book Award–winning author Gloria Whelan delivers her most modern story yet, with all the beauty, emotion, and timeless themes that she is known for.


In elementary school I loved Gloria Whelan's books, so I was excited when I saw SEE WHAT I SEE in HarperTeen's winter catalog. Judging by the description, this book looks like it'll deal primarily with Kate's relationship with her father, which excites me. I haven't read very many YA novels that have a narrow focus on familial relationships, but I think there should be more.

9 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of it, looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really sound good. A new title for me too. Great Choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father and daughter relationships is something I rarely find in novels. Good pick! I'll have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I may have seen this title last week. I also think there need to be more books that focus on family, so this one will be interesting to read. :)

    This week I am waiting on Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick, love the cover! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about that...left the wrong link before.

    I like the sound of this book...hope you enjoy it.

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/07/21/waiting-on-wednesday-19/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this author before, but this novel sounds very intriguing! Great pick! My WoW is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a book I really want to read, too! I love the cover as well. :D I'm excited!

    I also love reading about fathers and daughters, so this book has a lot of potential for Madeleine-love. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!