Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (35)

WoW is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
Speak/3.31.2011
Description (from GoodReads):
A haunted castle, a handsome young man dead for four hundred years, one heck of a scary portrait of a witch, and a treasure hunt -- not to mention a princess for a roommate! -- all await 15 year old American girl Caitlyn Monahan when she earns a scholarship to a French boarding school.


There are secrets behind the stone walls of Chateau de la Fortune, buried for centuries along with the mystery of who killed Raphael, the charming ghost who visits Caitlyn at night. But as Caitlyn unearths the history of the castle, nothing scares her as badly as the secret she learns about herself, and the reason she was chosen to come to the Fortune School.

And nothing breaks her heart as badly as falling in love with a dead guy.

I think I was most drawn to this novel by the fact that she falls for a dead guy. Even though this plot is nothing like Meg Cabot's MEDIATOR series, I can't help but compare the romances... and find myself liking the similarity! The rest of the plot sounds interesting as well. I'm a fan of boarding school mystery type novels, so I'm definitely interested!

13 comments:

  1. This book is on my wish list too! And the cover is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see this everywhere I go! LOL nice one ;p

    Here's mine;

    http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/07/www-wo-wednesday-2.html

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time seeing this one and it is definitely going on my wish list. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new to me book. I love the cover! It looks really good :)

    My WoW is here - Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is new to me...but I like the sound/look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ghost stories and this one looks interesting. Have you read DECEPTION by Lee Nichols yet? Loved that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The synopsis sounds intriguing, but I don't like the cover. :) My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at the description's first sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the second WoW I've seen this book featured on today! I hadn't heard of it or the author, but the fact that other people are excited for it makes ME excited for it.

    Great blog!

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, sounds great! Thanks for bringing this one to my knowledge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great find - this looks really good!

    Our pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great WoW pick! I've never heard of this one before but it sounds good and the cover is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!