Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Character Interview: Noah from The Absolute Value of -1

Today I'm joined by Noah from Steve Brezenoff's THE ABSOLUTE VALUE OF -1. I found Noah to be one of the most interesting and, in ways, elusive of the three main characters in the novel. I think readers will get a good sense of Noah's attitude in his answers below... actually, I'm a bit surprised he didn't just decide to blow off the last few questions. I'm impressed.
__________________________

The Interview

Describe yourself in 5 words or less.

Um, high? Horny? Handsome? How many is that?


Name 3 of your favorite things and, for good measure, 3 of your least favorite too.
Number one is getting a good buzz on. I also like playing Madden and listening to Biohazard in the basement, especially if dear old Dad is out and I can pump it up. Least favorites? How about watching Lily fall all over herself to get Simon’s attention for half a second.


School doesn’t seem to be your scene… If you could be anywhere or go anywhere, where would you be?
Back in the OC, definitely—Orange County, CA. I’d like to be on Laguna Beach right now, actually, with a nice buzz, laying out and watching the girls.


You, Simon, and Lily are in a bit of a predicament. You’ve got a thing for Lily, but she only has eyes for Simon, while Simon’s head is somewhere else entirely. Why do you suppose Lily’s so blinded by Simon… what draws her to him?
Who the hell knows what goes her mind. Same as Mom, I guess. Same as most of the girls in school: they love the guys who treat them like garbage or ignore them completely. Hey, maybe I’m wrong, but if I am, how else can you explain it?


From the outside looking in, Simon doesn’t seem like the greatest friend… why do you stick around?
I don’t have a lot of options, first of all. The guy was my only friend when I moved out to Long Island. But hey, he’s also my number-one customer. Besides, I’ve got feelers out, looking into new social situations, you know?
_______________________________________

I was extremely impressed by this novel! Be sure to check out my review of THE ABSOLUTE VALUE OF -1 here.

To win -1 bookmarks and other fun swag, leave a comment
on this post or the review linked above!

1 comments:

  1. Love the idea of interviewing a character from the book. I like Noah, there is obviously more than meets the eye. I can't wait to read more about him once I finally get my hands on a copy of this book.

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!