Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (40)

WoW is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!


Memento Nora by Angie Smibert
Marshall Cavendish Children's Books/July 2011
Description (from GoodReads):
Nora, the popular girl and happy consumer, witnesses a horrific bombing on a shopping trip with her mother. In Nora’s near-future world, terrorism is so commonplace that she can pop one little white pill to forget and go on like nothing ever happened. However, when Nora makes her first trip to a Therapeutic Forgetting Clinic, she learns what her mother, a frequent forgetter, has been frequently forgetting. Nora secretly spits out the pill and holds on to her memories. The memory of the bombing as well as her mother’s secret and her budding awareness of the world outside her little clique make it increasingly difficult for Nora to cope. She turns to two new friends, each with their own reasons to remember, and together they share their experiences with their classmates through an underground comic. They soon learn, though, they can’t get away with remembering.

Whoa. Just... whoa. This description caught my attention and the cover cemented it in my mind. Whoa.

10 comments:

  1. Oh ya I can't wait for this one either. I am loving the premise and the setting. Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, Sara. I'm with you waiting for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one mentioned a few times on various blogs, it might be interesting to check out!


    Check my pick out HERE

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting premise...nice pick. Thanks for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such an interesting read. I hadn't heard about the book before so thanks for the WOW recommend :)

    Here's my WOW for the week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa is right. This book sounds excellent great pick!


    Come check out my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds a bit like a YA version of Brave New World...really like the idea of toying with memory. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely waiting on this one, too. It sounds awesome (and looks pretty great, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is going to be a great read. Awesome pick. =)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!