Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 YA Historical Fiction Challenge



I really don't read very much Historical Fiction, but one of my 2011 blog resolutions is to diversify the type of books I read and review, so, hopefully, the YA Historical Fiction Challenge, hosted by Sabrina over at YA Bliss, will help me accomplish this. Below is a brief description of the challenge, a link so you can head over and sign up, and a list of titles I hope to read for this challenge!


Historical fiction: tells a story that is set in the past. That setting is usually real and drawn from history, and often contains actual historical persons, but the principal characters tend to be fictional. Writers of stories in this genre, while penning fiction, attempt to capture the spirit, manners, and social conditions of the persons or time(s) presented in the story, with due attention paid to period detail and fidelity. (Wikipedia)

For more information and to sign up for the challenge, go HERE.


I'm only attempting Level 1 of the challenge, which is to read 5 Historical Fiction novels. Maybe I'll fall madly in love with the genre and bump it up throughout the year.


My Reading List


  1. The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley
  2. The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
  3. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
  4. Deadly by Julie Chibbaro
  5. The Season by Sarah MacLean

2 comments:

  1. I'm participating in this challenge too. It is great that you want to diversify your reading! I hope to do the same. I tried to last year but still found myself reading mostly one kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for joining Sara! Great list! Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!