Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Explanations, A New Year, & A Kitten!

Long time no see... or should I say post?

For the past couple months, or really, the whole semester, I've been a bit unreliable. Sometimes I'll randomly post... other times I won't post for weeks. But with 2011 fast approaching, I'm hoping some of my New Year's Resolutions will keep me in line. Of course, this is, in part, for you dear readers, but also for myself. I miss our YA blogging and reading community. It's come to feel like home in a way and I've made some amazing friends, online and off, since I started blogging.

So basically, without going into the sordid details, this semester kicked my butt. School-wise and personally.... it just didn't go well. I've been assured that everyone is allowed one bad semester and this was mine, BUT next semester is going to rock... both at school and at The Hiding Spot!

I need to do some housekeeping around The Hiding Spot... I haven't sent out packages and contest winnings in awhile and I apologize to all the winners for that. If you've won something and know that you never received it, feel free to send me an email, just to make sure I know, but I have kept track so I should have everything recorded. 

In the next couple of days I'll be posted a Top 15 Books of 2010 List.... it was supposed to be 10, but I couldn't narrow it down. Let's see if I have the willpower to do so before I post. :)

ALSO, I got a kitten. His name is Milo. Isn't he adorable?? His name was inspired by Courtney Summers' fantastic new novel, FALL FOR ANYTHING... you should probably read it. I reviewed it here!

9 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! I completely understand how real life can take over. It happened to me a few times during this year.

    Aww the kitten is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KITTEN! He is so adorable. And I love the name Milo. Fall for Anything is actually next up on my reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And maybe part of those resolutions would be you getting back on Twitter so we can get back to talking? Hmmm? ;)

    Just kidding. I'm happy you're doing better and getting back into the YA community. We missed you!

    And that kitten has the perfect name. Milo from FFA = love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, that kitten is too cute! Love writing with my pup, Benny (named after youngest kid in the Boxcar Children books from my childhood) at my feet. Certainly had a few bumpy semesters of school myself. Happy to assure you that all worked out just fine--actually great. Hang in there. Happy Holidays and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww how adorable, im just glad your back, happy reading! and Merry Christmas ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Word.
    I neglected blogging, had a horrible semester, some not so cool personal problems, and got a kitty. We're the same person.
    I hope that 2011 is much happier (and bloggier) for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you had such a draining semester! Here's to hoping 2011 is going to be a great year for you - personally, academically and blogging..ly :) I've missed reading your posts, even though I'm such a neglectful commenter!

    I'm not a huge cat person, but when you flaunt such an adorable little kitty before my eyes, you weaken me. You really do.

    Hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you back Sara! :-) Merry Christmas and I hope 2011 will be a better year for you! I've missed you, looking forward to more posts and reviews of you :-)

    Your kitten is adorable!! :-D

    Have a great holiday time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Milo is terribly cute. Love him :)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!