Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Survey: The Best of 2010 in Books

The Perpetual Page Turner created a great survey to wrap up 2010... Check out my answers below!

Best Book of 2010 I can't pick one... I'm tied between ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins and THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson.
Most Disappointing Book of 2010 FAITHFUL by Janet Fox. I adored this cover, but it just didn't wow me. Still good, but I wanted to love it.
Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? Kody Keplinger's THE DUFF. I almost didn't read this one because I was afraid Bianca would be whiny and constantly down on herself, but this novel was so well done. Loved it!
Book you recommended to people most in 2010 Definitely ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS, which may have been frustrating since I read it super early before arcs went out. I don't regret it though, ANNA is so worth it.
Best series you discovered in 2010 Y.S. Lee's Mary Quinn novels, A SPY IN THE HOUSE and A BODY AT THE TOWER. I'm usually not a huge historical fiction fan, but I devoured these two. I can't say one bad thing about them!
Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010 Y.S. Lee, Cath Crowley, Stephanie Perkins, Lauren Oliver, Jandy Nelson, Kristina McBride, Mindi Scott, Kody Keplinger
Most hilarious read of 2010 WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON by John Green & David Levithan. John Green always makes me laugh...
Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010? NEVERMORE by Kelly Creagh. Just... wow.
Book you most anticipated in 2010? CLOCKWORK ANGEL by Cassandra Clare. I love Clare's writing and characters so much... I'm always waiting for the next one.
Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010? A BLUE SO DARK by Holly Schindler. Gorgeous colors and image... plus this cover is literally soft to the touch. I just want to pet it.

Most memorable character in 2010? Bianca from Kody Keplinger's THE DUFF, followed closely by Anna from Steph Perkins' ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS.
Most beautifully written book in 2010? Gah! I can't choose between A LITTLE WANTING SONG by Cath Crowley and THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson. 
Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010? STALKER GIRL by Rosemary Graham. 
Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read? THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY by Jenny Han. I think I expected it to be something different than it was... which was emotional, romantic, and just plain good.
New favorite book blog you discovered in 2010? Sophistikatied Reviews! Soon after I discovered that Katie was a fellow Michigander, which was very exciting as I didn't know any other MI bloggers. Katie writes great reviews and also has an awesome cover re-creation feature. 


Favorite review that you wrote in 2010? Ooooh. I think my favorite would be my review of Rosemary Graham's STALKER GIRL, here. I felt so much after I finished reading that I felt compelled to write.
Best discussion you had on your blog? I'm not sure it counts as a discussion, but I had some great comments on my Top Ten Reasons to Read ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS, here.
Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog? I'd have to say the myriad of posts regarding the potential banning of Laurie Halse Anderson's SPEAK.

Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? The YA Literature Conference in Chicago! I had a ridiculous amount of fun, picked up tons of books, and sat in on some awesome panels. 
Best moment of book blogging in 2010? Erica from The Book Cellar and I talking nonstop about ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS and it's amazing-ness on Twitter while driving everyone else insane with envy and annoyance. I like to think we started a craze.
Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.) Anderson's Bookstore in Naperville, IL. Awesome events, great staff, fun times. They're my heroes.

7 comments:

  1. Whoa. Thanks for the love, Sara! It means so much to me.(p.s. do I owe someone a book for your giveaway?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that a lot of peepz are picking the Sky Is Everywhere, which is just great to see since that novel really spoke to me, Clockwork Angel was my choice to, great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna and the French Kiss, Nevermore, The Duff = youmakemewanttoreadthemsomuchmore! I have The Summer I Turned Pretty sitting in my bookshelf, but have yet to get around to it. Definitely will move it up now!

    Haha love your twitter craze for ATFK, you evil girls, you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in!

    I am making Anna one of my first reads in 2011. I dismissed it because I thought the cover was corny despite my love for anything Paris related. lol. Apparently I did a big no-no in judging a book by its cover! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your choices!!! have a wonderful new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna fangirling is always super fun! that was definitely one of my favorite blogging moments of the year :)

    I'm so happy you decided to start coming to Andersons - so lovely to see you from time to time :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!