Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Best Books of 2010 (Part II)

I highly suggest you buy, read, and love these books. 
Be sure to check out Part I here and stay tuned for Part III.


Part II




A LITTLE WANTING SONG by Cath Crowley Goodreads Review
Gorgeous... so unbelievably beautiful. I want to curl up and live in Crowley's novels. Whenever I'm sad or just craving comfort, I crack open this novel and sink into the words and lyrics. <3 




STALKER GIRL by Rosemary Graham Goodreads Review
I never thought I'd identify or sympathize with a stalker, but both ended up happening as I read Graham's novel of a girl who takes things too far after a painful breakup. I read this on a whim and never expected to be so deeply affected by it.




THE MOCKINGBIRDS by Daisy Whitney Goodreads 
Simply put, this debut is important. Whitney skillfully tackles the subject of rape and its psychological effects while simultaneously weaving in romance and a secret society. 




ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins Goodreads Review
I don't know if it's the fact that I was the first blogger to read ANNA or if it's just that I love it with a crazy amount of passion, but each and every time I see on Twitter or Goodreads that someone is reading this book, I want to jump  for joy.  I read it in 3 hours flat, from 1am to 3am, because I simply could not put it down. After, I carried it around with me for a solid week just so I could crack it open and reread my favorite parts. It's almost like Perkin's wrote the love story I've been waiting to read, but I didn't even know I was waiting for it.




FALL FOR ANYTHING by Courtney Summers Goodreads Review
I'm pretty sure that if I ever don't love a novel by Summers, it will be a sign of the world's end. Or the zombie apocalypse. FfA is, without a doubt, my favorite of her novels to date. I love Summers' mean girls, but there was something about Eddie, with her lack of mean, that I identified with on a deeper level. A demonstration of my love for this novel: I named my cat after Eddie's best friend, Milo. 
__________________

Be sure to check back for Part III!

Have you read any of these titles? Did they make your Best of 2010 list or did they fall short?

6 comments:

  1. ANNA made your list?! Shocking. ;)Surprisingly, I haven't read the first three. It's looking like I have more books to add on to my birthday wish-list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets see I haven't read any of the books on your list but there are a couple I'm hoping to pick up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of these I've only read Anna and the French Kiss, but it was amazing. Stalker sounds interesting, I think I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way you do about Anna and the French Kiss. I get totally giddy when I read reviews of it. I have yet to read a bad review of it, but if I do, I think I might be offended. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The all looks great. I have Anna and the French Kiss in my pile ^^

    Great picks!

    -Mariana S
    http://smartgirls-read.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!