Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, May 10, 2010

Cover of the Week (7)

Cover of the Week is a weekly feature at The Hiding Spot, in which I share a cover that gives me that swoony feeling.

The Julian Game by Adele Griffin
Putnam Juvenile, 8.26.10
Description (GoodReads):
New girl Raye Archer is desperate for a way into the In crowd, so when ice-queen Ella Parker chooses her to get back at her ex, the gorgeous Julian Kilgarry, Raye is more than game. Even if it means creating a fake Facebook identity as “Elizabeth” so that she can learn enough about Julian to sabotage him. While a fun and dangerous thrill at first, what Raye hadn’t counted on was falling for Julian herself—and igniting Ella’s rage.

As Raye works to reconcile the temptress Elizabeth with her real-life self, Ella serves up her own revenge. Now it’s Raye who falls victim, as Ella creates an online smear campaign of nasty rumors and trashy photographs. Suddenly notorious, Raye has to find a way out of the web of deceit that she’s helped to build, and back to the relationships that matter.
Adele Griffin’s riveting novel explores the issues of generation Facebook: the desire to be someone else, real versus online friends, and the pitfalls and fallouts of posting your personal life online for all the world to judge.

I've seen this cover on a few blogs lately and it draws me in every time! The cover model's hair and green gloves make the cover pop and will definitely catch your eye in the bookstore. I love the vibe that this cover gives off... it's almost creepy. I'm definitely going to check this one out!

8 comments:

  1. I really love how bold this is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great cover, the colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in this cover, it just pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of colors, the bright green gloves and blue hair looks stunning. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really loving this cover, I think it would be more suited to a boys middle-grade novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I just very unsuccessfully posted a bunch of Julian Game covers that we were all choosing from before we picked the winner. I can send them to you if you want. We had a hard time with this image-- and I rewrote some of the text in the last chapter so that Raye Archer could wear Ella's gloves.

    Let me know if you want these images so people can look at the also-rans and decide what they think!

    I am so glad Julian is cover of the week-- makes my week!

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!