Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, May 24, 2010

Cover of the Week (8)

Cover of the Week is a weekly feature at The Hiding Spot, in which I share a cover that gives me that swoony feeling.

Edges by Lena Roy
Farrar, Straus, and Giroux/12.7.10
Description (from GoodReads):
It is a story of love and grief, addiction and redemption, set in both NYC’s Upper West Side and in the red rock desert of Moab, Utah.

Seventeen-year-old Luke lives and works at the Moonflower Motel in Moab, having fled New York City where his father Frank drowns his sorrows after the death of Luke’s mother. Back in New York, eighteen-year-old Ava meets Frank at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. When these lost souls converge in Moab, what happens transforms them all.

I absolutely adore this cover! Where to even start??
The font is eye-catching and different than anything I've ever seen on a cover. I love how large the title is!
The image itself deserves a nod as well. I have a slight obsession with trees and the tree on the cover is so interesting.
The only thing that would make this cover better is if it has a unique texture to go along with the worn look. Even if it doesn't, I'll still love it!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh great pick! I totally agree with everything you said, the cover looks fantastic. As does the story - hadn't heard of this before, so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cover!
    By the way, you got an award at my blog!
    http://aseverebookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/05/yay.html

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!