Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (27)

WoW is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

Cover May Not Be Final

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
Henry Holt BFYR/10.12.10
Description (from GoodReads):
Sam leads a pretty normal life. He may not have the most exciting job in the world, but he’s doing all right—until a fast food prank brings him to the attention of Douglas, a creepy guy with an intense violent streak.

Turns out Douglas is a necromancer who raises the dead for cash and sees potential in Sam. Then Sam discovers he’s a necromancer too, but with strangely latent powers. And his worst nightmare wants to join forces . . . or else.
With only a week to figure things out, Sam needs all the help he can get. Luckily he lives in Seattle, which has nearly as many paranormal types as it does coffee places. But even with newfound friends, will Sam be able to save his skin?

I'll be honest, I'm usually not a huge fan of guy narrators, but every once in awhile I find one that I absolutely adore... and I'm hoping that Lish McBride's novel will be added to that list. Plus the title - Hold Me Closer, Necromancer - makes me laugh every time I see it.

6 comments:

  1. That title is pretty funny! Plus, why does that seem like it would be true, what it says about Seattle?:D

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, this sounds amusing! A guy POV might be interesting too, especially since they don't seem to happen too often

    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And I love the new layout! It's so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick!! That title makes me laugh too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks SO awesome! It reminds me, for some reason, of this bar, Otto's Shrunken Head, that I used to go to when I lived in New York City. I think I will therefore love the book!

    Mine's here!

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!