Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cover Alert: Changeless and The Clearing

Today I've got two AMAZING covers to share!


Changeless by Gail Carriger (Orbit, 4/1/10)
"Alexia Maccon, now known as the Lady Maccon, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears - leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria.

But Alexia is armed with her trusty parasol, the latest fashions, and an arsenal of biting civility. Even when her investigations take her into the backwater of ugly waistcoats and Scotland, she is prepared: resurrecting ghosts, exposing a French spy, and unearthing the mysteries of a stolen Egyptian mummy. She might even find time to track down her wayward husband, if she feels like it."
When I saw the cover for Gail Carriger's second book in The Parasol Protectorate series, I had a mild heart attack! I loved the cover for SOULLESS, but CHANGELESS totally blows it out of the water! I want it so badly right now - it would looks so pretty next to SOULLESS on my bookshelf!


The Clearing by Heather Davis (4/12/10)
Amy, a sixteen-year-old recovering from an abusive relationship, moves to the country to start a new life with her aunt–all she wants is for everything to be different. In the clearing at the back of Aunt Mae’s property, she makes an amazing discovery—Henry, a boy stuck in the endless summer of 1944. Henry and his world become Amy’s refuge and she begins to learn that some moments are worth savoring. But when the past and present come crashing together, both of them must find the courage to face what is meant to be, even if it means losing each other forever.
This cover is gorgeous! I've been waiting for a cover for this one for quite some time and am definitely impressed with the end result!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the cover for The Clearing is like my favorite style of photoshopping - I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover for The Clearing is gorgeous! I've never heard of that book either, so thanks for letting us know! Officially on my wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I though the first Alexia Tarabotti book had a great cover! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having so much fun with Alexia Tarabotti, I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. =]!

    I want to read this so badly! Oh yeah, i like your new layout, very nice.

    Meg

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!