Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (16)

WoW is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine!

I've got two WoW books this week! :) Okay, who am I kidding, I have waaay more than that, but let's stick to two!


The Vinyl Princess by Yvonne Prinz (HarperTeen, 12/22/09)
With a summer job at Bob & Bob Records in Berkeley, California, teen music junkie Allie is ready for anything. She’s poised to fall in love, catch a thief, and make a mix that’ll break your heart. And when she blogs as The Vinyl Princess, Allie is the sort of mystery girl you can’t resist tuning into. Get ready for the vinyl revolution!

Author Yvonne Prinz, cofounder of Amoeba Music, the world’s biggest independent music store chain, brings readers into the inspired, obsessive, irrepressible heart of a teen who is head-over-heels in love with music. Like a great record, this read will rock your soul and rattle your bones.



Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala (HarperTeen, June 2010)
It’s tough, living in the shadow of a dead girl…

In the five years since her bad-girl sister Xanda’s death, Miranda Mathison has wondered about the secret her sister took to the grave, and what really happened the night she died. Now, just as Miranda is on the cusp of her dreams—a best friend to unlock her sister’s world, a ticket to art school, and a boyfriend to fly her away from it all—Miranda has a secret all her own.
Then two lines on a pregnancy test confirm her worst fears. Stripped of her former life, Miranda must make a choice with tremendous consequences and finally face her sister’s demons and her own.
In this powerful debut novel, stunning new talent Holly Cupala illuminates the dark struggle of a girl who must let go of her past to find a way into her own future.

10 comments:

  1. Okay I definitely agree with you on both of these. They sound amazing and I can't wait for them. Great WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have to agree with you. I am actually going to be reviewing The Vinyl Princess soon, so I am super excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited about The Vinyl Princess. Heard a lot of great things about that one. Awesome picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both sound awesome, great picks! I'm loving the covers, especially Tell Me A Secret, which I've been waiting to read too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have great taste in books! I'm interested in both of these :) I like the mystery in each of them. I just added them to my TBR list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices!! I really want to read Vinyl Princess and the author is from the same area that I live it. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those look like they would be good books.

    You can read mine here.

    ~Pixie

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!