Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (14)

WoW is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine!

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (HarperTeen,  Sept. 2010)
*no cover image yet
Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.

Since there isn't a cover image yet, I present:
A preview of Paranormalcy from Kiersten's website!

My name's Evie. I work for the IPCA. Yeah, the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But don't freak, I'm not a vamp or werewolf or faerie or anything. And I don't kill them, either. Just bag and tag. After all, we're not out to eliminate them--just to neuter them. Sorry, IPCA joke. We don't *actually* neuter them, because, well, yuck. We just help them live harmlessly among humans. Sometimes they don't want the help, but we give it to them anyway. Think of us as the UN, if the UN carried tasers and silver knives.

So you're probably wondering why a sixteen-year-old girl is the prize possession of the IPCA. I'm sure you know all about glamours--most paranormals have them, meaning normal people (okay, everyone else in the world except me) can't see what they really are. But there's no fooling me; I can see through to what they are underneath. Trust me: all of this nonsense about vampires being sexy?

NOT. TRUE.

So that's my life. Or, it was, until paranormals started dying and something unlike anything we'd seen before broke into the Center and changed everything...

Normal is so overrated.

Cannot wait for this book... and September is so terribly far away!


7 comments:

  1. award! http://the-bookologist.blogspot.com/2009/10/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2010? Ooh, that burns. Oh, well. We'll just have to find something else to read in the meantime :)

    Here's mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. : ) Thanks! I agree that next September is way too far away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really good one. I'm sorry you have to wait till next September :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. bagging and tagging paranormals just screams out to me. gotta read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this! It's been on my list for a couple of weeks, but I'd only read the synopsis. So thanks for posting up the preview - September feels even further away now! -jumps in time machine-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will you hate me if I said that I read it, and it's as fabulous as it sounds? Because it is. Fabulouser, even. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!