Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, April 27, 2009

Review: City of Glass (Mortal Instruments bk 3)


Title: City of Glass
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Date published: 2009
Type of book: Fantasy/SciFi
Pages: 541
I received this book from/at: Walden Books
My interest in this book is: the final installment of the Mortal Instruments Trilogy

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From the inside cover: “To save her mother’s life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunter – never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family’s past, she finds in ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all the Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside with their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he’s willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City – whatever the cost?”

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Clary: I felt like she wasn’t really a main focus in this book for some reason, but the parts she was in were good…. She and Jace were addicting; Jace: I really felt for him and his inner struggle – even if part of it wasn’t really true at all (just self-hatred); Simon: he really matured in this book…

When I finished this book I felt: I LOVED LOVED LOVED the ending to this book. So often trilogies and series will end and the reader will be saying “What the heck?” – but Clare really wrapped up the book nicely. That isn’t to say that I didn’t wish there was more. I would have liked to skip ahead a few years and see what was going on with the characters. I did like how Luke and Jocelyn’s love was long-lasting – it hints of good things in the future for Clary and Jace! I’d also like to mention, that for an author that puts out a book a year, Clare is an amazing author. There are authors that have huge gaps between books and can’t write or tell a story nearly as well as Clare. She’s incredible!

Other books to read by this author: The Clockwork Princess will come out in Spring 2010 (I think)

I would recommend this book to: All fantasy/scifi fans… It really was an amazing trilogy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!