Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, April 27, 2009

Review: FADE


Title: Fade
Author: Lisa McMann
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Date published: 2009
Type of book: Teen fiction (Lucid dreams, sexual abuse, teacher/student relationships, love, undercover)
Pages: 248
I received this book from/at: Amazon.com
My interest in this book is: sequel to Wake

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From inside jacket: “SOME NIGHTMARES NEVER END. For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They’re just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.
Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody’s talking. When Janie taps into a classmate’s violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open – but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie’s in way over her head, and Cabe’s shocking behavior has grave consequences for both of them.
Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability – and it’s bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what’s to come is way darker than she’d feared.”

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Janie: her strength is amazing…She’s an amazing lead character; Cabel: I love his concern for Janie – that kind of love is what every girl wants… he had some amazing parts in the book where his emotion was so strong; Captain: I really like how she is there for Janie

When I finished this book I felt: First off, Janie and Cabe’s relationship is so addicting. They are both such strong and conflicted characters that their relationship explodes… there scenes together are tense or passionate or both. I love them together. I really love McMann’s writing style; it’s short and choppy and totally suits the story. I also like that she takes on really intense subjects without weighing down the story… it’s a perfect balance.

Other books to read by this author: Janie’s story is continued in Gone, but I’m not sure when it comes out.

I would recommend this book to: Supernatural fans

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!