Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, April 6, 2009

Review: In Your Room


Title: In Your Room
Author: Jordanna Fraiberg
Publisher: Razorbill
Date published: 2008
Type of book: teen fiction

I received this book from/at: Barnes and Noble
My interest in this book is: plot

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From the back cover: “ When their families randomly switch houses for the summer, retro-chic LA fashionista Molly Hill and laidback granola boy Charlie Richards find themselves living in totally unfamiliar rooms for two long hot months. Soon they become entwined in each other’s secrets, relationships, and dreams. Day by day, they grow closer… even though they’re living 1,000 miles apart and have never met face-to-face. Can perfect strangers be perfect for each other? Will Molly and Charlie make it through the summer of seductions, missed connections and the thousand miles between them to find out?”

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Molly: I really liked and identified with her, I too have had troubles trusting people… Molly is a character that I think every girl can relate to at some point or another; Charlie: he was funny and I totally understood why Molly fell for him… I think I would have too. He seemed realistic to me…. Especially his confusion during various situations.

When I finished this book I felt: Yay for Joanna Fraiberg… I’ll definitely be looking for her books after reading In Your Room. For a first novel, I was very impressed. It was a book that had a predictable ending, but the story and my connection with the characters made me want to read their story regardless of the fact that I already knew the ending.

Other books to read by this author: this is the author’s first book

I would recommend this book to: Any young adult female reader looking for a good love story…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!