Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, April 20, 2009

Review: Thrill Ride


Title: Thrill Ride
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Publisher: HarperTeen
Date published: 2006
Type of book: Chick Lit (Romance, theme parks, weddings, long-distance relationships)
Pages: 313 pgs
I received this book from/at: Amazon Marketplace
My interest in this book is: plot, author

Ideas expressed/message/plot: When Texas girl Megan Connolly has decided to take a summer job at Thrill Ride, a theme park by Lake Erie, far from her wedding planning family and her boyfriend, she doesn’t expect to meet someone like Parker. Parker is upfront about his attraction to her, but Megan is only interested in being friends… but this proves to be harder said than done. Especially when being with Parker is so easy, especially when he makes her laugh. Especially when her boyfriend doesn’t really seem to care what is going on in her life… and Parker does.

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Megan: She really didn’t have much of a chance against Parker ; Parker: I liked his protectiveness

When I finished this book I felt: It was a cute book… not my favorite by Hawthorne, but definitely worth reading. Theme parks just aren’t really my thing and Megan’s boyfriend was really annoying. I didn’t like how she “loved” him and couldn’t be with anyone else when they’ve only been together for three months.

Other books to read by this author: see past posts

I would recommend this book to: readers who want a fluffy teen romance to read

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!