Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Review: The Truth About Forever


Title: The Truth About Forever
Author: Sarah Dessen
Publisher: Speak
Date published: 2004
Type of book: Young Adult (love, catering, death/grief, truth)
Pages: 374
I received this book from/at: Walden Books
My interest in this book is: author and plot

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From back cover: “A LONG, HOT SUMMER… That’s what sixteen-year-old Macy Queen has to look forward to. Her boyfriend, Jason, is going away to Brain Camp. She’s stuck with a dull-as-dishwater job at the library. !And all of her free time promises to be spent studying for the SATs or grieving silently with her mother over her father’s death.
But everything changes when Macy is corralled into helping out at one of her mother’s open house events, and she meets the chaotic Wish Catering crew. Before long, Macy ditches her library job and joins up with the Wish gang: bighearted Delia; quiet, introspective Monica; and fun-loving, fashion-conscious Kristy. But best of all, there’s Wes – artistic, insightful, and understanding Wes – and gets Macy to look at life in a whole new way…

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Macy: I can relate to her in ways when it comes to trying to be perfect… and I was totally rooting for her to break free of her mother’s control and her grief…; Wes: All of Dessen’s lead guy characters are AMAZING… Wes is probably my favorite next to Dexter though!; Kristy, Monica, Delia, and Bert

When I finished this book I felt: I love this book… and every time I read it I love it more. This was my third time reading it and every time I notice something new to love about it. I especially like this book though because I am a waitress for a catering company and find a lot of aspects of catering to correspond to situations in the book… which makes them funnier. And I love the idea of a relationship like Macy and Wes’s…

Other books to read by this author: This Lullaby, Dreamland, Keeping the Moon, Just Listen, Someone Like You

I would recommend this book to: Anyone… this book has no age limits… and I think anyone would enjoy it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!