Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, April 13, 2009

Review: Wake


Title: Wake
Author: Lisa McMann
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Date published: 2008
Type of book: Supernatural/Romance/Teen

I received this book from/at: Barnes and Noble
My interest in this book is: plot

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From back cover: “NOT ALL DREAMS ARE SWEET. For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people’s dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie’s seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can’t tell anybody about what she does – they’d never believe her, or worse, they’d think she’s a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn’t want and can’t control.
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else’s twisted psyche. She is a participant…

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Janie: I was inspired by attitude and work/school ethics in spite of her mother’s lack of interest and horrible parenting; Cabel: I really liked his character, he was so caring and protective of Janie… and I liked the twist about his character. He’s definitely a dynamic character!

When I finished this book I felt: I can’t wait to read FADE, the sequel to WAKE. This book was amazing! It was such a quick read, only 210 pages, but it was surprisingly deep. One of my new favorite books!

Other books to read by this author: FADE, GONE (due out in Spring 2010)

I would recommend this book to: teen romance fans that like a paranormal/supernatural twist!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!