Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, April 6, 2009

Review: The Vampire Diaries (Bk. 1)


Book Title: The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle
Author: L.J. Smith
Publisher: Harper Collins
Date Published: 1991
Type of Book: Supernatural (Vampires) Romance, Young Adult

I received this book from/at: Amazon.com
My interest in this book is: I love L.J. Smith! She’s an awesome writer.

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From back cover: “A DEADLY LOVE TRIANGLE. Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants. Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past. Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him. Determined to have Elena, he’d kill to possess here.

Favorite character, quotes/lines: Stefan: I definitely wanted him to be with Elena. Elena: I actually liked her, even though I wasn’t sure I was going to…. I thought she would be more self-absorbed, but she was actually okay.
When I finished this book I felt: I really, really want the next book! But it isn’t out yet… I might even go as far as to say that L.J. Smith is better than Stephanie Meyers! Well, I definitely think her writing skills are better, but her stories might be as well! :s

Other books to read by this Author or theme: The Vampire Diaries: The Fury and Dark Reunion, the Secret Circle books, the Nightworld Omnibuses: 1,2,3

I would recommend this book to: young adult readers, but even older readers. I think anyone can enjoy this book!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!