Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Review: Wondrous Strange


Title: Wondrous Strange
Author: Lesley Livingston
Publisher: HarperTeen
Date published: 2009
Type of book: Teen Fiction, Supernatural (Faeries)

I received this book from/at: Amazon.com
My interest in this book is: plot

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From book jacket: For seventeen-year-old actress Kelley Winslow, faeries are just something from childhood stories. Then she meets Sonny Flannery, whose steel-gray eyes mask an equally steely determination to protect her.
Sonny guards the Samhain Gate, which connects the mortal realm with the Faerie’s enchanted, dangerous Otherworld. Usually kept shut by order of icy King Auberon, the Gate stands open but once a year.
This year, as the time approaches when the Samhain Gate will swing wide and nightmarish Fae will fight their way into an unsuspecting Human world, something different is happening… something wondrous and strange. And Kelley’s eyes are opening not just to the Faerie that surround her but to the heritage that awaits her.
Now Kelley must navigate deadly Faerie treachery – and her growing feelings for Sonny – in this dazzling page-turner filled with luminous romance.”

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Sonny: I like it when the guy love interests are protective…!

When I finished this book I felt: I was a bit disappointed. I did like it, but it wasn’t as amazing as I thought it would be. For a first novel I thought it was good… but I’ve read better books… nothing about this one really stuck with me.

Other books to read by this author: this is the author’s first book

I would recommend this book to: teen supernatural romance readers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!