Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Review: Labor of Love


Title: Labor of Love
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Publisher: HarperCollins
Date published: 2008
Type of book: teen chick lit

I received this book from/at: bookcloseouts.com
My interest in this book is: author, plot

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From back cover: “TO DO: Investigate the French Quarter, Buy new hammer, stop worrying that hard hat is going to ruin my hair, stop thinking about ex-boyfriend. No guys this summer!, Find some cool jazz clubs to visit later, get psychic reading with Jenna and Amber, get Jenna and Amber to stop talking about psychic readings, the cute guy the psychic said I would meet, and the cute guy I just met. NO guys this summer!!, Throw self into work, STOP THINKING ABOUT THE CUTE GUY!

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Brady: he was so cute… and he put up with Dawn (I thought she was a bit rude to him…kind of annoying.)

When I finished this book I felt: I really like Rachel Hawthorne’s books! I thought that they would be really cheesy, but I actually find myself enjoying them… and wishing I was the main character! I really like the fact that Hawthorne is so realistic. She doesn’t skirt around topics like partying and sex… they appear in her books without being overwhelming. Labor of Love wasn’t my favorite of Hawthorne’s but it is definitely worth reading… after Caribbean Cruising. 

Other books to read by this author: Caribbean Cruising, Island Girls (and Boys), Love on the Lifts, Thrill Ride, The Boyfriend League, Snowed In

I would recommend this book to: fans of teen chick lit

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!