Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Review: Wherever Nina Lies


Title: Wherever Nina Lies
Author: Lynn Weingarten
Publisher: Point
Date published: 2009
Type of book: Teen Fiction
Pages: 316

I received this book from/at: Amazon.com
My interest in this book is: plot

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From book jacket: “HAVE YOU SEEN NINA? Nina was beautiful, artistic, and wild… and adored by her younger sister, Ellie. But one day, without any warning, Nina disappeared.
Two years later, Ellie can’t stop thinking about her sister. Although everyone else has given up hope that Nina will return, Ellie just knows her sister is out there, somewhere. If only Ellie had a clue where to look.
And then she gets one, in the form of a mysterious drawing tucked into the pages of a book. Determined to find her sister, Ellie takes off on a crazy, sexy, cross-country road trip with the only person who believes she’s got a chance – her hot, adventurous new crush.
Along the way, Ellie finds a few things she wasn’t planning on. Like love. Mysteries. Lies. And something far more shocking… the truth.”

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Ellie; Nina: I liked her even when she wasn’t around… she was so full of life

When I finished this book I felt: I was really surprised by this book; it wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. And it had a definite twist… I had guessed some it, but didn’t even come close to guessing the whole.

Other books to read by this author: this is her first book.

I would recommend this book to: anyone… it isn’t really a book that would be limited to one type of reader… teen and older though. It has some aspects that some younger readers might find troubling... I suppose it depends on the reader.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!