Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Monday, April 6, 2009

Review: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Darkside



Book Title: Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Publisher: Harcourt
Date Published: March 2009
Type of Book: Supernatural (Vampire) Romance

I Received This Book From/At: Amazon.com
My interest in this book is: vampires, romance, coming of age, plot

Ideas expressed/message/plot: From inside cover: “Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. Enter a bizarre new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu who claims Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth and he’s her long-lost fiancé. He’s arrogant, officious, embarrassingly protective, and well, incredibly hot. Armed with a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Heath, and Emotion, Jessica tries to imagine transition from an average American teenager to a glam European vampire princess. But just when things start to heat up with Lucius, a devious cheerleader sets her sights on him. Soon Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war – and save Lucius’s soul from eternal damnation. All of which leaves her to wonder: Wouldn’t life be easier if she could just fall for a nice mortal boy?”

Favorite characters, quotes/lines: Jess: sometimes she was annoying, but for the most part I could understand why she was so upset about things… but I think she could have been a bit more understanding toward Lucius (it wasn’t his fault after all!)

When I finished This Book I Felt: I had mixed feelings. I liked it, but there were parts I thought unnecessary and drawn out. I didn’t think it had anything that required much thinking or inspired any outside thought.

Other Books To Read by this Author or theme: this is her first book

I would recommend this (to): young adult readers, specifically age 13-20ish

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!