Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home    Challenges    Reviews    Features    Contests    Review Policy    Contact

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Review: You Are So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay


From back cover:
"Q: How many zombies does it take to ruin a social life?
A: Not many.
Megan Berry is Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a whole bunsh of semi-dead people with killer issues. All Megan really wants is to go to homecoming, but when you're trailed by a bunch of slobbering corpses whenever you leave the house, it's kinda hard to score a date. Let's just say Megan's love life could use some major resuscitation.
Megan's convinced her life can't get any worse - until someone in school starts using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into scary, hardcore flesh-eating Zombies. Now it's up to Megan to stop he Zombie apocalypse. Her life - and more importantly, the homecoming dance - depends on it."

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I really don't think that the back cover really does it justice. It is definitely one of those books that I will remember and suggest to my friends!! One of my favorite parts of the book was the romantic plotline. Even though I was pretty sure Kayla would get the guy, I still wasn't exactly sure what was going on the between them. And Kayla's confusion about Ethan was believable because of their estrangement and age difference. Lately, a lot o the romances in books isn't very convincing, but I believed in the connection between Kayla and Ethan. The supernatural element of the book was very well done as well. I though Jay was convincing with the lore and spells. I've never been much of a zombie fan, but this book made be see them in a different light; they seemed likeable in some parts of the book. I also enjoyed the humor in this book; I was smiling at various parts in the story. I highly recommend You Are So Undead to Me... And stay tuned for Jay's second book about Kayla and Zombie Settlers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure you whisper, I'm hiding!